Making your own sling shot link

I picked up an Indianapolis 500 recently that had both sling shots not working. After closer inspection, both armature links, #03-8085, were broken. I didn’t have any on hand so I made one out of stock aluminum. Getting the old part off the coil plunger was tricky since the pin has to be pressed out, then pressed back in. I just cut the aluminum, then drill the holes, ground down the corners and edges, and put it all back together. It works flawlessly and will probably never break again. It’s much stronger than the old plastic part. Now I just need to make one more for the left side.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.