Just finished up cleaning, shopping and repairing a 1992 Bally Addams Family. Addams Family is the number 1 selling pinball machine of all time. This one needed some TLC to get it back up and running properly. This is what was done while it was in the shop:
- Adjusted trough switches
- Lower left playfield magnet was unplugged because Q1 on the magnet pcb and Q44 on the driver pcb was shorted. These transistors were replaced.
- Upper left flipper hold was stuck on. Replaced Q5 transistor on flipper pcb.
- Lower left flipper hold not working. Replaced Q9 and Q17 on flipper pcb.
- Found missing diode on lower left flipper. Replaced all 8 diodes on all flipper coils as a preventative measure.
- All 4 flipper EOS switches were installed backwards and were corrected.
- Replaced all 4 flipper linkages.
- Cleaned old crusty rubber from flippers and installed new rubber.
- Installed slingshot rubber and shooter tip.
- Cleaned and waxed playfield. Including Thing’s dirty hand!
- Replaced barrel spring on shooter rod and adjusted lane guide.
- Adjusted lock down bar mechanism.
- Adjusted coin door lock.
- Replaced bridge rectifier on driver pcb that drives the flashers.
- Rekeyed back box lock.
- Replaced power connector for DMD power input.
- Two hour play testing to insure reliability.
On to the next one, but here’s a few photos: