Here is an incredible Space Shuttle I spent the last two months restoring. The restoration includes a new CPR playfield installed inside a very nice original cabinet and backglass. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves, but this game has a few surprises. Here’s the break down:
- The Space Shuttle has illuminated engines and red LED light shining down on the ramp from underneath.
- Four extra white spot lights were added throughout the playfield. As well as, an LED strip under the apron in the middle.
- The game was converted to 12v LED flashers (it originally had 6 volt incandescent bulbs) and two extra red LEDs were added to the Space Shuttle inserts in the middle of the playfield.
- All the general illumination lights are LEDs with a few select colored LEDs added to the controlled lamps.
- Extra lights were added beneath the locking outholes on the left and right side of the playfield.
- A complete speaker sound upgrade with an 8″ sub woofer and two 4″ Kicker speakers replacing the original 4×10 speaker.
- New drop target and target stickers with custom Moon target.
- New legs, bolts and leg levelers.
- New USA shooter rod.
- New CPR plastics.
- New CPR playfield that was buffed and polished prior to installation.
- New flipper bats with new flipper linkages. Return springs also upgraded to WPC style.
- New plastic posts and rubber throughout.
- New custom made ramp flaps.
- New Cliffy Enhanced Flipper Return Frames.
- All screws were polished with a high speed buffer.
- Custom gloss black painted playfield side rails.
- Custom shaker motor installed with reinforced cabinet bottom painted navy blue. The shaker motor activates when the center playfield flasher illuminates.
This is the nicest Space Shuttle I have ever seen or played and the shaker motor just puts it over the top. It is a BLAST to play! Look for a video of the game in the future.